Skip to main content

My Day: 10/20/2021

 Today is Wednesday and this is a busier day than usual. I leave tomorrow for PSACs and will be missing classes on Thursday and Friday so I need to make sure I am getting all of my work done and to the best of my ability. In addition to getting my school work done, I also have to go into work so I can make money. This is a very stressful time and when I feel stressed, I find myself not sleeping well and my mood turning negative. So, during this stressful week, I need to make time to make sure my mental health is okay and I am taking care of myself. We all know school work is important, but mental health is just as important, especially as our minds and bodys are growing. 

Comments

  1. Marie, as your friend, teammate, and roommate, I notice the stress that you are under and when you are affected by it. I wanted to take this time to remind you how wonderful you are in all that you are doing right now! You are doing the best you can, and try to remind yourself that to decrease your stress level. I will be with you for PSAC's and am so excited to race next to you, you are going to do great! If you ever need anything, just barge into my room, I know you will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your professors understand the fact that you have to miss classes. In stressful times, it’s especially important to manage your time. This includes putting your health first. Continue to eat right and catch up on some sleep the next few days. Everything will figure itself out. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie I hope you do well at PSAC's! It is so cool you get to compete at this high of a level in cross country. I think your teachers will understand why you are gone and help you out with due dates. I think since we are over half way done with the semester we are all a little bit stressed out with school work which is perfectly fine. I am going to work over break as well which will be nice so I can get to more cash flow. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PSACs Race Day

Today was PSACs for XC and the women race a 6k, which was a big change from a 5k at the start of the season but has gotten a lot easier. I have had very good race and other races I had a lot to learn from this season, there is no race gone to waste because you can learn from every time you run. I have learned throughout my season that I need to go out slower and then work up to catching people and today I did that. Today was one of my best races that I have had in a really long time and I really needed that because I was starting to get worked up and really down on myself. When racing today I really felt my body pushing through the wall and going to a different level and ended up getting a new PR and finding my purpose in running a little bit more. 

Technology for Wellness

I am student at Slippery Rock University and learning how to use different technology for my future career. This lesson is on blogging; what it is, how to post, and how to make comments on other blogs. We are currently finishing up microblogging, which we used Twitter for and it was very enjoyable to post daily about our day and have people read them. I am not the best with technology and have learned tons of applications that I have never even heard of. I am finding this easier and more enjoyable than I thought it would be and I think since we all enjoyed tweeting so much, we will enjoy posting on our own personal blogs!