Skip to main content

PSACs Race Day

Today was PSACs for XC and the women race a 6k, which was a big change from a 5k at the start of the season but has gotten a lot easier. I have had very good race and other races I had a lot to learn from this season, there is no race gone to waste because you can learn from every time you run. I have learned throughout my season that I need to go out slower and then work up to catching people and today I did that. Today was one of my best races that I have had in a really long time and I really needed that because I was starting to get worked up and really down on myself. When racing today I really felt my body pushing through the wall and going to a different level and ended up getting a new PR and finding my purpose in running a little bit more. 

Comments

  1. That's so exciting. I really like how you look at it in the most positive way. That shows a lot about your character. We all start at the bottom then build ourselves up to maybe someday that top spot. We are our biggest challenge and it should always be tat way. Too many people compare themselves to others and it causes them to stumble each time when they should be looking at it how you do. Thank you for posting this...it really lightened me up to see that there are people out there focusing on themselves and striving to get better while seeing the positives through the entire way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Marie! This is something you love to do. Keep perusing your dream and work hard. Looking forward to seeing you on the Olympics one day. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have no idea how to change the theme on my blog but good job at PSAC's. I assume PSAC's is an importent event for cross country, I'm proud that you had one of your better runs when it mattered. Great job and keep up the hard work. Do not forget to keep blogging though wouldn't want to miss easy points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, that is so exciting! I am glad you are finding a rhythm with running! It is quite interesting that you mention how after each run, you reflect how it went. that is crucial for many things, athletes, or activities. That little reflection helps improvement, like it clearly did with you! I am glad you found what works best for you, I cannot wait to read your other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, I loved reading this. Its so nice to hear you break through what seems to be a plateau that you encountered. Plateaus are very difficult to push through. Its very refreshing to hear you speak to highly of yourself. XC is hard, its something that I could never dream of doing. Im very happy that this race went so well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Day: 10/20/2021

 Today is Wednesday and this is a busier day than usual. I leave tomorrow for PSACs and will be missing classes on Thursday and Friday so I need to make sure I am getting all of my work done and to the best of my ability. In addition to getting my school work done, I also have to go into work so I can make money. This is a very stressful time and when I feel stressed, I find myself not sleeping well and my mood turning negative. So, during this stressful week, I need to make time to make sure my mental health is okay and I am taking care of myself. We all know school work is important, but mental health is just as important, especially as our minds and bodys are growing. 

Technology for Wellness

I am student at Slippery Rock University and learning how to use different technology for my future career. This lesson is on blogging; what it is, how to post, and how to make comments on other blogs. We are currently finishing up microblogging, which we used Twitter for and it was very enjoyable to post daily about our day and have people read them. I am not the best with technology and have learned tons of applications that I have never even heard of. I am finding this easier and more enjoyable than I thought it would be and I think since we all enjoyed tweeting so much, we will enjoy posting on our own personal blogs!