I am student at Slippery Rock University and learning how to use different technology for my future career. This lesson is on blogging; what it is, how to post, and how to make comments on other blogs. We are currently finishing up microblogging, which we used Twitter for and it was very enjoyable to post daily about our day and have people read them. I am not the best with technology and have learned tons of applications that I have never even heard of. I am finding this easier and more enjoyable than I thought it would be and I think since we all enjoyed tweeting so much, we will enjoy posting on our own personal blogs!
Today was PSACs for XC and the women race a 6k, which was a big change from a 5k at the start of the season but has gotten a lot easier. I have had very good race and other races I had a lot to learn from this season, there is no race gone to waste because you can learn from every time you run. I have learned throughout my season that I need to go out slower and then work up to catching people and today I did that. Today was one of my best races that I have had in a really long time and I really needed that because I was starting to get worked up and really down on myself. When racing today I really felt my body pushing through the wall and going to a different level and ended up getting a new PR and finding my purpose in running a little bit more.
I have found myself enjoying and getting a lot more fluent with technology since I have started this class too. At the beginning, all I had was a Facebook account. I was not exactly thrilled about getting into more social media or having to learn about the Google applications, but I've realized that this is the way of the world now. It's important to be fluent with technology, social media especially, because it is helpful with networking and locating employment after receiving our Bachelor's degree. Also, the Google applications have proved multiple times how they can be helpful to our professional careers.
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed our Technology for Wellness class because of all the tools we have learned. Originally, I thought I would dislike having to learn all of these new programs, however they have been proven to be very useful. At the start of the year, I was not familiar with many of the tools we have learned. Also, I was worried that since I am not too good with technology that I was really going to struggle. This has not been the case though. As you stated, these tools will be used for our future careers, and I can not agree more. We may not use them all, but at least we are expanding our knowledge and are more prepared for our careers in the future.
ReplyDeleteI really have come to enjoy Tech Well. Everything we have learned so far and what we will learn is super beneficial. At first it seemed as if no one wanted to tweet or did not know what all to tweet. Although, now everyone tweets such great things and it is so interesting seeing what everyone has to say. I am super excited to start blogging and to see what everyone has to say. I can't wait to use all the tools we have been taught in this class in my future classroom!
ReplyDelete